In order to become a life insurance agent in Indiana you must complete a pre-licensing education course, pay the required fees, and pass a state approve exam.
However if you hold certain designations such as a CLU, CFP, CFC, CPCU, CIC, AAI, you may be exempt from taking the required pre-licensing education course. Indiana also does not require any fingerprinting to be done as well. Below is a list of requirements to help you get started.
Indiana Life Insurance License Requirements
- Must be a resident and live in the state of Indiana
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- No Felony Convictions, which include crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust
- Complete a 24 hour pre-licensing education course
- Pay the required fees
- Pass an exam
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful
- Good communication skills
- Understanding personal finance
- Series 6 License which would allow you to sell variable products (ex. variable life insurance)
Fees: All Fees Are Nonrefundable
- $40 Application fee
- $75.50 Exam Fee
Indiana Life Insurance License Process
- Pre-licensing Education. Complete the 24 hours pre-licensing education course.
- Register. Register for the exam and pay the required exam fees.
- Take Exam. Take the exam and pass it with a 67% or higher.
- Apply for the License. Once you’ve passed the exam you can apply for the license.
Contacts And More Information
For more information on how to obtain your Indiana Life Insurance License you can check out the Indiana Dept. of Insurance website here or contact them at (317) 232-2385.