In order to obtain your Wyoming Life Insurance License you must submit your fingerprints, complete a background check, pay the required fees, and pass an exam.
However like several other states Wyoming does not require that you complete any sort of pre-licensing education course. Instead you will have to study or the exam on your own time in order to pass it. This will include purchasing the required study materials to pass the exam. Below is a list of requirements you need to complete in order to pass the exam.
Wyoming Life Insurance License Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a resident and reside in the state of Wyoming.
- Must be competent, trustworthy, and reliable.
- No felony convictions, which include crimes of dishonesty and breach of trust.
- Submit Fingerprints.
- Complete background check.
- Pay the required fees.
- Pass an exam.
Other Requirements That May Be Helpful
- Good communication skills
- Understanding personal finance
- Series 6 License which would allow you to sell variable products (ex. variable life insurance)
Fees: All Fees Are Nonrefundable
- $96 Exam Fee
- $39 Background Check Fee
- $100 License Fee
Wyoming Life Insurance License Process
- Study For The Exam. First you will need to purchase the required license study materials and learn the required materials.
- Register For Exam. Once you are ready you can register for the exam and pay the required fees.
- Take The Exam. Third take the exam and pass it with at least a 70% or better.
- Apply For License. Finally once you’ve passed the exam you will need to apply for the exam and pay the required fees.
Contacts And More Information
To learn more on how to get your Wyoming Life Insurance License visit the Wyoming Insurance Department website or call them at (307) 777-7319